There is a line of reasons which can cause “Windows cannot connect to the Printer” error. Your printer is the most responsible factor for it and some other causes are poor network, shared network, Window firewall, and outdated drivers.
It takes a while to detect the exact origin of the error, but once you find the root cause, troubleshooting becomes quite easier. Some of the general troubleshooting methods are given below, try each of them one by one.
Start by setting up the printer:
- First, you need to access the Start menu and select “Add a printer” and then “Add printer wizard”
- Now choose the wireless printer you want to configure.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and Click OK to imply the changes
- Now, attach your printer to the computer using wired or wireless manner.
- Make sure the automatic detection is turned off.
- Next, you need to enable the file and sharing option on the printer. This ensures that the Wireless connection doesn’t affect the connection between computer and printer
Other considerable factors:
- Update the drivers of your printer. The drivers are available at manufacturer’s website or you can get them by updating the version of your operating system.
- If you think that antivirus is a disturbing connection between printer and computer, disable the antivirus on a temporary basis.
- Restarting your printer can help in most of the cases. So turn off your printer, remove the power cable and wait for a few minutes before turning it on.
- Check the USB, power cable, and other connection to ensure the regular power and network supply to your printer. If required replace the damaged cables.
By following the methods given above, you can fix the issue on your own. But if you need technical assistance, call upon HP printer customer service number and get help from technical experts. In case you cannot detect what is keeping you from completing your printing task, let the professionals do it for you. Make a call upon HP support number and get instant help regarding the discussed issue in no matter of time.